Based on COVID-19 related restrictions and staffing limitations the Hatfield Library’s services for the summer are significantly different than in past years:
The Building is closed to visitors until further notice
Services are currently restricted to Willamette Faculty, Staff, & Students
Access to library resources:
- Electronic resources remain accessible via the library website: library.willamette.edu
- Requests for monographs and other physical materials held by the Willamette University Libraries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a full citation for any items. We will retrieve the item and email instructions on how to pick it up.
- Requests for articles held in our physical periodical collections or for articles to be requested from other institutions may be submitted via our Interlibrary Loan form, but fulfillment may be delayed.
- Summit (currently closed) and other ILL services for physical items are suspended until further notice.
- We will be suspending the liaison model and will be sharing reference duties amongst the librarians working this summer. We ask that requests for reference help be emailed to email@example.com or that you use our consultation form. We hope to be able to help everyone, but given an inevitable temporary loss of capacity and expertise, we will be using the following priorities:
- Requests from students in active classes (for the summer this is AGSM).
- All other requests.
- Willamette faculty please use our online “suggest a title” form. Given budget constraints, most orders will not be processed until August. If you need an item earlier, please explain why in the “other” field at the bottom of the form.
- To request assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Integrated Instruction:
- Willamette faculty may request an instruction session for the fall. Please email Joni Roberts at email@example.com and she will make sure the class gets on our calendars. Your liaison librarian will contact you in August for further details about the session.